Wednesday, May 12, 2010

[Band name pending] EP COMING THIS JULY!!! HOLY CRAP YOU'RE ALL SO EXCITED YOU CAN HARDLY CONTAIN IT - THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM THE LAST 12 TIMES I SAID IT WAS COMING SOON!






















You know how Facebook has become the true test of whether or not you're dating someone (sadly enough you have to be in a relationship on Facebook otherwise it doesn't count)? All this social media bullshit has a way of making things authentic, or more credible. For example... prior to Myspace and Facebook, I told people all the time that my music would be out "soon." And what did that mean? Absolute Jack Schitt. But now that everything I post here immediately goes to everyone's gmail, buzz, rss feeds, whatever... there's a sense of commitment. If it's on Facebook it must be true right?

So on that note, I am making an official announcement that at some point, in July, there WILL be an EP released containing 2 previously released songs and at least 2 new ones. Until now my attitude has been very Blizzard-like: "WHEN IT'S READY!" But recently I've been starting to get worried that at that pace, it would never get done... so hard deadline is set, and you WILL receive music.

Well that's fine, Mo, but other than listen to your songs once and tell you they're cool just to make you happy, what good are a bunch of instrumentals to us?

Well I've thought of that too, the cunning individual that I am. There is a catch!

What's the catch Mo??? The catch is when these songs are released... they will for the first time (3/4 at least) have VOCALS! That's right, His Hachness is in collaboration with a presently unnamed vocalist who will lend his singing abilities to the tracks on the EP.

One of them is very catchy, and we are super excited to bring it to you. It's our "Crawling in the Dark," if you will. Yes I know that's a pretty high bar I'm setting. But this just happens to be a limbo competition!

There! Now that it's official, you can all set your countdown timers.

Mo out.

No comments:

Post a Comment