Saturday, May 1, 2010

Me and the cap'n, we make it happen. Yeah that's right .

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, and you shut the fuck up. Lemons aren't so bad, and lemonade is pretty good. And like Ron White said (God what the fuck am I doing quoting Ron White) "You find someone who's life has given them vodka..." and you can still have a pretty awesome party.

I just screamed my fucking lungs out at a "The Gossip" concert. What the hell I was doing there, I dont fucking know. I didn't even have a ticket and I didnt plan on going until I was dragged along by some enthusiastic  co-workers (who in the end turned out not to be as enthusiastic as me about the band) - but I rather like the Gossip they were fun as shit and they put on a hell of a show. Its not every day you're crammed into a tiny little NYC venue where everyone is screaming their fucking ass off and cheering a 300 pound lesbian woman and her band like they're the hottest shit that's ever been heard anywhere. Go go fucking Gossip!

Now I'm at home and while I've still go t the energy to correct my spelling and make sure that I'm not typing total absurdities, I'm not at the point where I can actually filter anything I say. In that sense, this is as raw of a Mo experience as you're ever gonna get, so enjoy this shit. It doesn't come any more pure or from the source than this. This is the shit that everyone feared the eMo blog would be when I first created it  - me listening to "in the wake of determination" and writing about my weekends out at clubs meeting strangers, drinking too much whiskey, and failing to achieve any of my goals for the evening, including the recording of my own songs.

As a side note I told someone that I thought the Gossip reminded me a little bit of a girl-led block party and that bitch looked at me like I had 3 heads or something. Honestly I didn't think it was that much of a stretch but I guess I'm just not cool enough to know better.

Fucking lemonade... good night kids. More tomorrow, when things are a little bit more normal.

Mo passing the fuck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment